The success of Kinect will greatly depend on the games that will be available for it when the console expansion hits the stores in late 2010. So far, we’ve only seen a handful of mini games like bowling or dancing games.
According to USAtoday, the first five Kinect games are going to be:
- Kinectimals – a game that involves raising virtual pets
- Joyride – a racing game, possibly the game that we know from the Natal trailer
- Kinect Sports – a sports game. Play volleybal, soccer, table tennis and other spots with your bare hands in a virtual world.
- Kinect Adventures – a 4-player jumping game on a raft.
- Dance Central – a dancing game by MTV
Another game we know about is Kinect Yoga, which is supposedly the counter-part to the Nintendo wii yoga game. Developers had 2 years since Microsoft sent out the Kinect SDKS to develop a game and there’s still time until Kinect will be released. Peter Molyneux is one of the developers who recognizes the potential of Kinect and is developing games for it.
Will there be any “real” games, like action-RPG’s for Microsoft’s Kinect? We surely hope that more developers like Molyneux jump on the bandwagon and develop something really innovative and ground-breaking! A RPG game for Kinect would definitely be something I would be looking forward to.
The price for Kinect games is expected to be about $40 and lower than other XBOX360 games.