Steam has some pretty awesome deals this week. Do you like RPG’s, but you mostly ignored international RPG games until now? If so, you missed out on one of the greatest RPG games ever: Gothic.
You can now grab Gothic 1 – 4 for an incredibly low price via Steam and help to save one of the largest game publishers in Europe.
If you decide to buy Gothic 1 – 4 you help bankrupt game publisher Jowood to survive. In the past, Jowood received a lot of criticism for bugged games like Gothic 3. But I also believe that the media for some reason gives Jowood games incredible bad ratings. Gothic 4 (Arcania) for example is NOT a game like Gothic 1 or 2, but it is a very decent RPG nontheless.
Top Deals This Week: Gothic 1 -4 (300 hours+ of RPG action)
Jowood also published many other top games like Aquanox, Spellforce and Painkiller. I could imagine that quite a lot of players would want to play an Aquanox or Painkiller sequel, keep that in mind!
New Steam Updates
March 22, 2011 – Steam client update released
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select “Check for Steam Client Updates…”. The specific changes include:
- Changed Steam Voice chat to use the SILK voice codec
- Fixed Mac OSX overlay occasionally disappearing after 10+ minutes in game
- In game overlay for Mac OSX now handles cursor visibility better; specifically in the Sam & Max series.
- Fixed Mac OSX overlay responding correctly when window is reactivated by mouse click.
- Maximizing the Windows client should no longer prevent the user from accessing an auto-hidden taskbar
- The overlay will now automatically return to the game when accepting a friend invite
- Improved voice ducking prevention
- Fixed position of game invites in the chat dialog
- Improved handling of last modified times for cloud files.