If you have a good gaming rig and want to make Trine look even more beautiful as it already is, you can download a hack to enable high-quality settings, maximum AA and AF and even Dolby Surround Sound!
The high-quality hack allows you to set AA and AF to even higher values, it will allow higher resolutions (up to 3360 x 2100) and it will enable more reflections and lightning effects. How awesome is that?
Unfortunately, the hack is in German, but the settings can be easily changed even if you don’t know any German.
1. Step Download the hack here
2. Step Open the Windows explorer and go to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\data
3. Step Create a backup of the folders locale and misc
4. Step Extract the zip archive to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\ and replace the files
5. Step Open up C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\trine\config\options.txt
6. Step Search for “sound_speaker_type”. For dolby surround sound change headphones to dolby
7. Step Double-click on trine_launcher.exe in the Trine main folder
8. Step Select German from the language dropdown
9. Step Click on Advanced and select 16 from “Anisotropische Filterung” dropdown (Anisotropic Filter)
10. Step Select 32x Anti-aliasing from Antialiasing dropdown
Finally, enjoy Trine with the maximum AA and AF settings and Dolby surround sound! Stunning! Honestly, I can’t wait for Trine 2.