Today is the World Earth Day 2010. Use this Earth Day 2010 theme to spread the word and awareness of our global issues.
768,111 people (as of right now) have joined the earth.org network to find local events and stop global warming and create a healthy, eco-friendly world.
It’s not all about global warming, although it’s one of the greatest global issues, it’s also about ocean pollution, energy issues and sustainable development. 71 percent of Earth’s surface is covered by water. We greatly depend on water, but ocean pollution is becoming worse. It is expected that about 50-80% of all life forms live beneath the ocean – even if the dominant species does not (not yet).
Ideas – What you can do to make this world a better place:
- Make children to habituate that planting trees will save our earth. Educate the people to use solar power.
- Recycle and try to be as efficient as possible
- Shop at the local farmers market, use your own bags, and eat as many locally sourced meals as possible for the entire year.
- Ride a bike, take a bus/train instead of driving a car
- Reduce the electricity usage in general life
- Join a local event. You can find local events over at http://www.earthday.org/events
- Donate. If you want to support the Earth Day campaign, you can donate something at groundspring.org
Download Earth Day 2010 Theme
Help to spread this theme and more importantly the word about the Earth Day 2010. The Earth Day 2010 theme includes 3 dark wallpapers of our beautiful Earth.
Other global issues that you should be aware of: Global Water Crisis