The Winsock fix for Windows 7 is greatly needed to reset and repair your winsock catalog – Many people regularly have problems with their winsock and TCP/IP connections, because they can get corrupted so easily.
Table Of Contents - Quick Links!
WinsockFix – Repair/Reset Winsock and TCP/IP on XP
WinsockFix is a great utility to reset and repair Winsock. It’s probably the best and quickest fix for all connection problems, but I wouldn’t use it on Windows 7. How could I trust an applicaton that is not able to detect my system and says I’m running a 32-bit Windows? WinsockFix was written for Windows 95, ME, XP, 2000, so I wouldn’t use it on Vista on Windows 7, but if you are still on Windows XP, I would recommend the tool.
Fix Winsock Manually on Windows 7
1. Open up the command line utility and enter:
- netsh winsock reset catalog (resets winsock entries)
- netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (resets TCP/IP stack)
2. Reboot your PC
3. Your connection should have been reset now and your connections problems may be gone – however it will not solve all problems. For example sometimes your network driver becomes corrupt, then you should download new drivers from realtek.com.tw
Fix Winsock via Batch
I wrote a little batch that will run the commands for you. This could come in handy if you forget the commands and you can no longer go online to look them up.
Download that file and to run it right-click on winsockfix.bat and click on “Run as administrator”.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8