Windows 8 Annoyances: Set Cursor Blink Rate (Lower/Higher)
The Cursor Blink Rate is the time interval in milliseconds after which the cursor blinks once. This setting can be customized by changing the value of the rate. Open the registry and go HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The Default value is set to 530 milliseconds. The Blinking Rate can be increased and decreased accordingly. The following tutorial will help you with this
Tip: If you get a blank screen and a blinking cursor this is more likely a serious problem and you need to boot into recovery mode via F8
Set Cursor Blink Rate
1. PressWindows + R to open the Run Window.
2. Type the following command regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
3. Open HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Click Control Panel->Click Desktop.
4. Double Click on Cursor Blink Rate.
5. Edit String Window opens and set it according to your requirements. Default value is 530.