Are you on Windows 7 Starter and you can only use the Windows 7 basic themes? If so, you might want to download this package of basic themes that includes several new colors and wallpapers.
Update: You should also make sure to check out our various shell themes that support Basic Mode
Table Of Contents - Quick Links!
Basic Themes Preview
Basic themes do not support Aero and are intended for all netbook users on Windows 7 Starter or Windows 7 Home Basic. So, if you want some color in your life, but you don’t have the money for an upgrade to Windows 7 Premium or Professional, then download this great package compiled by MediaMyself from DeviantArt.
Light Blue Theme
Light Green Theme
Light Red Theme
Download Windows 7 Basic Themes
You can download the basic themes here:
Keep in mind, basic themes are intended for Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic! Also, if you are struggling with installing the basic themes, don’t worry. You will find a tutorial below that will teach you how to do it step-by-step.
How to install Windows 7 Basic Themes?
1. Open Windows Explorer (Windows key + E)
2. Go to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero
3. Right-click on the file aero.msstyles and click on Take Ownership
4. Rename the file aero.msstyles to aero.msstyles.old
5. Download and extract Windows 7 Basic Themes 2.0 Copy ONE of the aero.msstyles that you find in the folder 2.0, for example 2.0\Blush (Pink)\aero.msstyles, into the folder C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero
6. Optionally, double-click on the .themepack file in one of the basic theme folders to install new wallpapers.
7. Reboot or Restart
If you followed the instructions correctly, you have just installed a new basic theme in Windows 7! If it did not work and you can’t seem to install the basic themes properly, please read this tutorial: How to install themes in Windows 7 . If you still can’t figure it out, post a question below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
8 Trending Windows 7 Themes
4 Related Themes, Tweaks And News