Someone asked me if it will be possible to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Here are some speculations.
As of right now, Windows 8 is more or less Windows 7 with compatibility for mobile devices. Microsoft already confirmed that all Windows 7 applications will work on Windows 8. However, a downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 might not be possible due to some compatibility issues between the two systems.
Recommended: Dual-Boot Windows 7 And Windows 8 Instead Of Downgrading
But it is not recommended to upgrade or downgrade operating systems. The recommended way is to dual-bot operating systems.
You can simply create a new partition to install Windows 8 on and then boot both operating systems from the boot manager.
To create a new partition for Windows 8 follow the installation as you normally would and when you have to select a hard drive you will be able to create a new partition. Or alternatively, you can do that during runtime.
- 1. Enter “Create and format disk” into the search bar on your start menu and hit enter
- 2. Read our tutorial how to shrink a partition in Windows 7
- 3. Read our tutorial how to dual boot Windows 7
You should now be able to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8