Some of you apparently don’t know what Windows version they have, 32 or 64 bit. If you don’t know what Windows version you are running, you can get into a lot of trouble if you try to follow some tutorials on our site and you are using 64-bit system files on a 32-bit system.
Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit?
Luckily, there are some easy ways to find out what Windows version you are running.
1. Open up the control panel:
2. Click on “System and Security”:
3. Click on “System”:
4. Next, you will get some general system information about your system:
5. Check the system type and you will find out what Windows 7 version you are running, either a 32-bit operating system or a 64-bit operating system.
Personally, I am running a 64-bit operating system, because it’s more efficient when it comes to running optimized 64-bit applications:
So, now you know what Windows version you are running, 32 or 64-bit. When you download Windows 7 themes from this site, it often comes with an explorer.exe, but you can only use this explorer.exe on a 64-bit Windows version. I will be trying to get my hands on a 32-bit versiont too, so I can always provide both explorer.exe, but for now, please be careful what you try to replace.
If you need more information about your system, I recommend to display them right on your desktop. Displaying system information on your desktop can be a great advantage.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8