FEATURED: Missing operating system: Windows 7
After starting my PC today, I was staring at a little message on my screen: Missing operating system. At first I was a little bit shocked, but of course I knew that this only means that either my disk has some small disk errors or my master boot record is damaged.
.. although some of them might not be that new, because they have been in development for over 2 years by now.
Overall, there are currently 5 new operating systems in development.
Here’s the list:
1. Windows 8 (Windows 7 Successor)
2. Windows Midori (Written entirely in managed code)
3. Windows Singularity (Basically the same as Windows Midori)
4. Windows Azure (Cloud Computing OS)
5. Barrelfish (Multicore OS)
Ok, that might be a shock for some. Here’s another surprise…