Store And Display Recently Opened Items (Turn Recent Items On / Off And Possible Fix)
Steps to to Turn Recent Items On
1. Right click on the Start Button and click on Properties.
2. To turn ON Recent Items check the option “Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar”-> Click OK
3. To turn Off “Recent Items” uncheck the option “Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar” -> Click OK.
Recent Items Location And Possible Fix
“Recent Items” is the list that contains your recently used files and folders on the right hand side of the Start menu, in Jump Lists. The location of all Recent Items is:
C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items
If you find a folder called “Recent” instead of “Recent Items”, right click on Recent and click Delete OR move it to a safe location.
1. Type shell:recent into the search bar on your Start menu:
2. Restart your machine, your Recent Items list should be working now