PC Resources: How to set the maximum RAM amount used by Windows 7?
The bigger the ram, the better the application processing speed and memory. To get this working, however it is important that you login with an administrator account. Here is how to set maximum RAM by Windows 7
1. Click Start Menu and type msconfig and press Enter
2. Click the Boot tab and then click Advanced Options…
3. By default, the Maximum Memory would be unchecked, which means that Windows 7 is consuming system’s entire RAM.
4. When you click OK, check Make all boot settings permanent
5. When you click Apply, a warning would appear. Click Yes would immediately restart your computer for the changes to take effect during the booting process.
You can always come back at any time to change the settings but have to restart your system in order for the changes to take effect.