Opening zip file is quite easy in windows 7 but make sure you have a software like winZIP, 7zip or winRAR.
Make sure to open WinRAR from winrar.com or download 7zip from 7zip.org. Both programs are capable of opening RAR files. Install one of them on your PC.
Steps to Open ZIP files in Windows 7
1. First you have to located your zip file. Here I have a zip file named as “test.zip” on my desktop.
2. Now double click on it. Your file will open in default compressing software that you have installed earlier. Here my default one is “WinRAR”.
3. Now in menu bar, click Commands >> Extract to the specified folder or just click ‘Extract To / Extract’ icon in toolbar.
4. Now, specify the location where you want to extract your files. In my case, I have specified ‘Desktop’. And click OK.
5. Now when you located the folder/path you have just specified, you will see the extracted files/folders. Notice, the folder I have just extracted in the desktop. That’s all!
The steps for extracting either zip or rar file is same.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8