You can easily open a command prompt with elevated administrator rights in Windows 8. In fact, you don’t have to do much.
Using the Start Screen Search
1. Open the Start Screen and hit CTRL + F
2. Simply enter cmd .exe into the search bar
3. Alright, now right-click the icon.
4. On Windows 8 a bar at the bottom appears, on Windows 8.1 a dropdown menu appears that you can use. Both times it reads “Run as administrator” which you can use to open an elevated command prompt
Restoring Start Menu
If you’re modifying the boot loader for example you need elevated rights first. This is easy to do:
2. Enter cmd .exe into the search and right-click on the cmd .exe and click on Run as administrator
3. That’s all you have to do to open an elevated command prompt
4. Optionally, you can simply open the Windows 8 explorer, browse to C:\Windows\system32 and right-click on cmd .exe
If you’re still having problems with elevated rights or you need some more help post your problems below, but it’s really straight forward to open the cmd .exe with admin rights
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8