For whatever reason you want to keep numlock ON, follow this tutorial to find out how.
Keeping the Numlock ON in Windows 7
Ever came across an annoying situation while entering your password through the
Numpad on your keyboard that the NumLock Key is Off? Well no more shake on confidence,use the numpad like a pro by setting it to always On. This requires tweaking the Windows Registry through the Registry Editor and you need a Computer Administrator account to edit the registry.
Step by step procedure
1. Type regedit in the Start Menu search box OR open the Run using Window+R keys and type in it regedit. Press Enter. Windows will ask your permission to open the the registry editor, press Yes.
2. From the Registry Editor windows, Click Edit–>Find.
3. Type InitialKeyboardIndicators and hit Enter. It will display the searched variables as shown below.
4. Click on the InitialKeyboardIndicators and set its value to 2.
The others valid values are:
0 – Turn all indicators Off (NumLock, CapsLock, ScrollLock)
1 – Turn CapsLock On
2 – Turn NumLock On
3 – Turn CapsLock and NumLock On
4 – Turn ScrollLock On
5 – Turn CapsLock and ScrollLock On
6 – Turn NumLock and ScrollLock On
7 – Turn all indicators On (NumLock, CapsLock, ScrollLock)
There is no option in Windows 7 to set the NumLock Key but through the Registry Editor. Now by default the NumLock Key will remain ON.
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8