The Windows 7 installation does not take long and is easy to do. If you want to know how to install Windows 7 and what to do if you run into any installation problems, read this tutorial.
How long does a Windows 7 installation take?
Microsoft’s Windows 7 installs faster than other versions of Windows. It should not take more than 10 minutes to install Windows 7 but it depends on your system speed, RAM, CPU and other factors.
If you have previously installed Windows 7, you can install Windows 7 in less than 7 minutes on a fast PC. It’s actually pretty fast.
Important: It might happen that the Windows 7 installation fails to load. In that case, check your Windows 7 DVD for scratches, check your cables and your BIOS configuration.
Steps to install Windows 7
1. Insert the Windows 7 installation DVD and restart the computer. Press any key to boot from CD. The installation starts.
2. Select Language, time and currency format and then keyboard or input method. Then, click on the Next.
3. Next, click on the Install Now button to start the installation.
4. Select ‘I agree the license terms‘ and click on the Next button.
5. Select Custom (advanced) unless you are doing an upgrade.
6.You will see the list of the partitions on your computer. It is wise to create multiple partitions, so you can install two Windows 7 instances or simply create a partition for backups, additional files, etc. It’s wise because you might need it in an emergency, but can also help you to organize things.
Select the partition where you want to install Windows 7 and select the ‘Format‘ option to make the partition ready for use. Follow the instructions on the screen.
7. Select the partion where you want to install Windows 7 and click on the Next button.
8.Now the installation of Windows 7 starts …
9. After finishing the installation, Windows 7 starts and you should be ready to go.
If you have problems with the Windows 7 installation, please post a comment below and we will get back to you.
8 Trending Windows 7 Themes
4 Related Themes, Tweaks And News