You can not only install new Minecraft textures, but you can also install new Minecraft skins. Here’s how! (Explanations for offline and online client)
You can install skins for the online client, as well as for the offline client. Both ways are explained here:
Installing Minecraft Skins for Online Client
1. Head over to minecraftskins.com and download a couple skins that you like
I downloaded this fella “Brotherhood of Steel” from Fallout 3:
2. Next, log into your minecraft account at http://minecraft.net/ and click on Preferences at the top:
3. Now click on Browse and find the Minecraft skin that we downloaded previously:
4. After selecting the skin, click on Upload image
5. You have successfully installed a new Minecraft skin!
6. Play Minecraft with your new skin!
Installing Minecraft Skins for Offline Client
Of course you can also install Minecraft skins for the offline client if you don’t play Minecraft online.
0. Download A Zipping Tool
1. Download Minecraft skins and save the PNG image as char.png
2. Important: Follow this tutorial to make sure you can see hidden folders in Windows 7 , else if you can’t see them you won’t be able to follow the next steps.
3. Open the Windows Explorer (Windows key + E) and go to C:\Users\[usernamehere]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin
Replace [usernamehere] with your name, example C:\Users\sOliver\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin
4. Right-click on the file minecraft.jar. Open the file with the zipping tool (step 0).
5. Now minimize the current window of the zipping program so that you can still see it.
6. Open the Windows Explorer again and find the skin that you download, drag the PNG skin into the opened Jar file.
7. Confirm the prompt
8. You have successfully installed a new skin for the Minecraft offline client.
8 Trending Windows 7 Themes
4 Related Themes, Tweaks And News