If you want to know how to improve your latency in WoW in Windows 7, try a few registry tweaks that optimize your TCP/IP settings in Windows 7 that can reduce your latency in WoW significantly!
WoW Latency Registry Fix for Windows 7
1. Open up the registry:
2. Uncollapse the following entry:
3. You will probably find several “subfolders”. Click through each folder until you find the one with the most entries in the right pane. The right interface will have many entries, e.g. DGCPDefaultGateway, DHCPDomain, DHCPIPAddress, Lease, NameServer, T1, etc.
4. Create two “DWORD” registry keys called TCPAckFrequency and TCPNoDelay:
Here’s an example what it should look like:
5. Double-click on each new registry key and change the value from “0″ to “1″ (without the quotes, base hexadecimal)
Now you can enjoy a low latency in World of Warcraft again! This fix worked for a lot of people already, so I’d be surprised if it wouldn’t help you to reduce your latency in Windows 7 and WoW.
How does it improve my latency in WoW?
What we just done via a handy registry tweak is to disable the delayed ACK. ACK (short for ACKNOWLEDGE) is a confirmation that you have received a network package. While you are playing WoW, you are constantly sending and receiving network packets and each of those packets has to be confirmed from your PC. To prevent a network flood of ACK messages (sending out a confirmation for EVERY package) Windows has a smart trick! Windows waits some time (up to 200ms) before it sends out the next ACK, so that it can send out multiple ACK’s in one go. The problem is, WoW won’t send you another network package before it has received the ACK, so your latency will always be higher than 200ms or even up to 300ms.
TcpAckFrequency = 1 will disable delayed ACK. Default is 2, so it will wait for 2 packages until sending out ACK.
To disable TCP packet batching, we set TcpNoDelay to 1, so all packets will be send no matter what size they have (normally TCP sends out batched packages).
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8