If you want to disable the preview pane in Windows 7 that might be a bit annoying sometimes, you can simply hide it or disable it completely through the registry.
Table Of Contents - Quick Links!
Preview Pane Shortcut
As mentioned in this guide (How to preview pictures in Windows 7), there’s a handy shortcut that allows you to quickly enable/disable the preview pane in Windows 7:
ALT + P (for preview)
Disable Preview Pane via Windows Explorer
1. Open the Windows Explorer (Windows key + E)
2. Now, on the right side at the top, there’s a square icon with two lines at the top… that’s the icon to hide the preview pane:
Disable Preview Pane via Registry
1. Open a notepad and copy and paste the following text:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
2. Save it as a .reg file and select “All files” from the dropdown when you save the file.
3. Double-click on the newly created registry file to add this registry key and disable the preview pane completely.
8 Trending Windows 7 Themes
4 Related Themes, Tweaks And News