If you want to disable the NTFS compression feature in Windows 7, you can easily do that via the registry. Here’s how.
The compression feature is a great way to save disk space on NTFS hard drives. Should you decide that you don’t need this feature,you can disable the NTFS file compression completely by applying the registry tweak below. You can either download our registry file or do it manually (recommended). Always create a backup of your registry before you change the registry in any way.
Disable Compression Automatically via Registry Tweak
You can download our registry tweak to disable the NTFS encryption:
Disable Compression Manually
2. Uncollapse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Filesystem
3. Select Filesystem and then in the right pane double-click on the item NtfsDisableCompression
4. Change the value to 1 to disable the compression:
Did this work for you? Let us know if you have any problems or questions related to NTFS compression.
Make sure to check out our category of tutorials for more useful registry tweaks! Below are some related posts:
Trending On Windows 7 Themes .Net
- Mouse Pointers For Windows
- Best Security Software For Windows 8
- Take Professional Screenshots on Windows 8