How to delete Cookies on Windows 7?
Well, as much as I love warm cookies and chocolate chips, computer cookies can be really nasty. Cookies collect information about YOU. They contain a lot of valuable information and are responsible for you seeing all of those personalized ads everywhere.
So, how would you delete Cookies on Windows 7?
Before you start deleting cookies, you might want to keep in mind that not all cookies are necessarily bad. Cookies on your favorite websites might contain information that identify you as a returning user, which means you will not receive any annoying popups or other welcome messages. Yes, this site is using cookies too to identify returning users and they help us to properly welcome new visitors!
Next, you want to keep in mind that cookies depend on your browser. If you are using multiple browsers, each browser will have unique cookies. So, if you want to get rid of all cookies, you would have to open each browser and delete them. For this tutorial, we will be focusing on the three major web browsers:
- How to delete Cookies in Internet Explorer (8)
- How to delete Cookies in Firefox (3.6)
- How to delete Cookies in Opera (10)
How to delete Cookies in Internet Explorer
2. On the following windows, click on “Delete”:
3. If you only want to delete cookies then uncheck all options except “Cookies”. If you want to get rid of other temporary internet files, your browsing history or saved passwords, you can do that here as well:
A great new feature of the IE8 “Preserve Favorites Website Data” will help you to avoid losing cookies of your favorite websites, but only those that you bookmarked in IE8.
4. Click on “Delete” to delete the cookies and other files.
How to delete Cookies in Firefox
4. Click on Remove all to delete all cookies and get rid of all the junk.
How to delete Cookies in Opera
2. Click on the dropdown icon to see all options. If not already checked, tick “Delete all cookies” and “Delete temporary cookies”. Similar to Firefox, “Manage Cookies” allows you to remove cookies individually.
How to delete browsing history on Windows 7 (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera)
Based on 1 votes