How to change Explorer icon in Windows 7 (to Mac Finder icon)
Do you want to change the Explorer icon on your Windows 7 taskbar, but you haven’t figured it out yet? If so, here’s a short how-to to change that explorer icon and a tool that can change your taskbar icons with one click!
Change Explorer Icon Manually
0. Download this Mac Finder icon for Windows (.ico format) or the following Mac Finder icons:
Tip: The colorful Mac finder icons can be downloaded here
1. Open the Explorer via Windows key + E
2. Go to C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar
Replace [yourusername] with your actual username. You can copy and paste that path into the address bar if you don’t waste time.
8. Follow this tutorial clear your icon cache
9. Important: Restart Explorer.exe or reboot
10. Enjoy your new Mac Finder icon on the taskbar:
Change Explorer Icon Automatically
Don’t want to spend much time on changing your taskbar icons? If so, you should simply download this tool that can change most of your taskbar icons with one click!