It’s quite easy to change DNS settings in Windows 7. The TCP/IP defines how your computers communicate with other computers.
Just follow the steps below to change DNS server in Windows 7
Steps to change DNS server in Windows 7
1. Click Start >> Control Panel
2. Click ‘Network and Internet’ link.
3. Next, click on ‘Network and Sharing Center’.
4. Click on ‘Change adapter settings’ on the left side of the window.
5. On the next window, right click ‘Local Area Connection’ and select ‘Properties’.
6. Double-click on ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’
7. Lastly, in the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ Properties box, you can make changes and add your DNS Server. Select the checkbox “Use the following DNS server address” and enter your DNS server IP, for example 192.168.2.254. Often, routers and other network devices use a very high IP like 254 for the default gateway. For your own IP you should therefore always pick an IP between 5-100.
With those steps you can change dns server details in Windows 7.