Fix Windows 7 – “Error: Loading Operating System”
Error Loading Operating System is a dreaded error message. There are a lot of people who consider the “Error Loading Operating System” to be a fatal unrecoverable crash, but in fact you can often easily repair your computer and get rid of this error.
We have worked a bit to work on the solution to this error and it does work pretty good. Here is how you are going to do it.
1. The best way to fix the “Error Loading Operating System” problem is with the help of your Windows 7 Startup Recovery.
Either boot from your Windows 7 DVD and click on “Repair Computer”
4. You are provided with another screen from where you can select one of the two options. Either you can restore your system to a previous condition or you can select to recover your system’s problems that you experience while starting up. Select the option to recover problems while starting up and select your Operating System.
6. Run the diskpart command from this location. This will provide you with a list of all the volumes available on the System, their types and their status along with their sizes.
7. Now switch to your CD/DVD drive. In my case it was G:\ so the Command was G:, then cd boot (see picture below). Once you changed to the directory G:\boot, view the directory information of the drive with the ‘DIR’ command. This drive will contain a file named Bootsect.exe.
Enter cd boot
8. Write the command as shown in the Screenshot below and you will restore the bootcode and fix the BOOTMGR:
bootsect /nt60 SYS /mbr
Once you get the bootsect.exe executed, the “error loading operating system” will be gone. In case you need further help, please write to us and we will get down to you.