If you have nothing to do over the Halloween weekend, you might want to grab the RC (Release Client) of Windows 7 Service Pack 1, but don’t expect any new features. More infos about SP1 after the break.
Table Of Contents
Download SP1 RC
SP1 RC can be download via TechNet or Softpedia and requires no registration whatsoever, but you need a genuine copy of Windows 7. The following files are available for download:
- 7601.17105.100929-1730-3_Update_Sp_Wave1-RC1SP1.1_DVD.iso 1875.2MB (standalone updates)
- windows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe 865.4MB (update for 64-bit)
- windows6.1-KB976932-X86.exe 514.7MB (update for 32-bit)
- WUSignUpTool_x64.exe 397KB (required to update via Windows Update)
- WUSignUpTool_x86.exe 402KB (required to update via Windows Update)
In order to download the files you have to run the validation tool, then enter your validation code.
If you want to download SP1 via Windows Update you need to run the WISignUpTool first, you can then check Windows Update for updates.
Don’t look for new features, there aren’t any.
Windows 7 SP1 does not include any new features, it only includes hotfixes, some code optimizations and of course all security patches.
- Security Updates
Windows 7 SP1 Release Date
Windows 7 SP1 RC is the last build before Microsoft will release the final Service Pack 1. This test could take a couple months, so they will probably release SP1 in early 2011.