Well, I don’t know why you would want to know the path to the registry directory in Windows 7 (since you can easily export/import via regedit.exe), but here are the physical paths to the registry.
As mentioned above, you don’t need to know the path to the registry directory, unless you don’t want to backup the registry for each user individually and instead backup the registry files manually.
Here are the three paths to the registry directory, the first one is the most important, the other two is unique for each user.
In that folder there are some of the most important registry files stored.
Registry Directory Paths
1. Step First – the most important main directory:
2. Step Next, there’s another important path that is unique for each user:
3. StepThere’s also a unique registry file for all COM infos:
- Security – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY
- Software – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
- Sam – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SAM
- System – HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM
- Default – HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT
- Userdiff - (for upgrading systems)
- Users – HKEY_USERS
- COM Info – COM
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net