Write a native application for Windows 7 and win lots of great stuff: Up to $17,777 and a free ticket to LA and the PDC 2009
There is a whole site dedicated to this contest: https://www.code7contest.com/
And a really cool Code7 Award:
Early bird prizes (if you submit your application before August 15):
The finalists of each region (it’s a global competition) can win $5,555, a ticket to LA + PDC and a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate. Runner Up Prizes include $7,777.
The application should make use of the following elements:
- Windows Touch
- Shell Integration
- DX11 (DirectX 11)
- Sensor and Location Platform
I am pretty excited to see some new applications for “Windows Touch”. Finalists will also be able to present their application at the PDC.
Your application should address one of the following topics:
- Simplify My Life
- More Media, More Places
- Work From Anywhere
- Safeguard Your Work
- Applications for a Better Tomorrow
Here are a few ideas you might want to use:
- Health Alarm (alarms you when you spend too much time on a PC and keeps track of your PC usage) (Simplify My Life)
- Game Uptime + Mouse Recording (tracks how long you play games and how often you click) (Gaming)
- Safe Notebook Application with multi-tabs (Safeguard Your Work)
- CPU Power Sharing (allow PC’s in a network to share resources for calculations) This could be useful for resource hungry processes.
- Built-in Proxy + Proxy Finder (Work from Anywhere)
- A strategy mini-game where you can use Windows Touch to plan ahead through a simple waypoint system. (Gaming)
Do you have any ideas, but you don’t know anything about coding? Great, post your idea.
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net