Are you on Windows 7 Starter and you can only use the Windows 7 basic themes? If so, you might want to download this package of basic themes that includes several new colors and wallpapers.
Update: You should also make sure to check out our various shell themes that support Basic Mode
Basic Themes Preview
Basic themes do not support Aero and are intended for all netbook users on Windows 7 Starter or Windows 7 Home Basic. So, if you want some color in your life, but you don’t have the money for an upgrade to Windows 7 Premium or Professional, then download this great package compiled by MediaMyself from DeviantArt.
Light Blue Theme
Light Green Theme
Light Red Theme
Download Windows 7 Basic Themes
You can download the basic themes here:
Keep in mind, basic themes are intended for Windows 7 Starter/Home Basic! Also, if you are struggling with installing the basic themes, don’t worry. You will find a tutorial below that will teach you how to do it step-by-step.
How to install Windows 7 Basic Themes?
1. Step Open Windows Explorer (Windows key + E)
2. Step Go to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero
3. Step Right-click on the file aero.msstyles and click on Take Ownership
4. Step Rename the file aero.msstyles to aero.msstyles.old
5. Step Download and extract Windows 7 Basic Themes 2.0 Copy ONE of the aero.msstyles that you find in the folder 2.0, for example 2.0\Blush (Pink)\aero.msstyles, into the folder C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\Aero
6. Step Optionally, double-click on the .themepack file in one of the basic theme folders to install new wallpapers.
7.Reboot or Restart
If you followed the instructions correctly, you have just installed a new basic theme in Windows 7! If it did not work and you can’t seem to install the basic themes properly, please read this tutorial: How to install themes in Windows 7 . If you still can’t figure it out, post a question below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net