If you get this error “Volume shadow copy service error unexpected error deviceiocontrol” then here’s the fix.
1. Step You will always get this error when your shadow copy service is actually not running. The solution is very simple – all you have to do is to make sure that the service is set to startup type Automatic and then restart the service.
The steps below will show you how to start the volume shadow copy service
2. Step Enter services.msc into the search bar and hit enter
3. Step Now select a service and hit V, find Volume shadow copy and select it
4. Step On the left click the blue Restart or Start link.
5. Step To make sure the volume shadow copy service is not set to manual startup type, double-click on the service and check what the dropdown field says. If you always want to have the service running to avoid problems like Unexpected error deviceiocontrol, change the Startup type from Manual to Automatic
If you failed to follow the instructions above, please read our tutorial how to restart services in Windows 7/8 that is a bit more precise
Trending On Windows Themes .Net