If you want to Turn Recent Items On or Off in Windows 7 or your Recent Items list is not working properly, read this.
Steps to to Turn Recent Items On
1. Step Right click on the Start Button and click on Properties.
2. Step To turn ON Recent Items check the option “Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar”-> Click OK
3. Step To turn Off “Recent Items” uncheck the option “Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar” -> Click OK.
Recent Items Location And Possible Fix
“Recent Items” is the list that contains your recently used files and folders on the right hand side of the Start menu, in Jump Lists. The location of all Recent Items is:
C:\Users\(User Name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items
If you find a folder called “Recent” instead of “Recent Items”, right click on Recent and click Delete OR move it to a safe location.
1. Step Type shell:recent into the search bar on your Start menu:
2. Step Restart your machine, your Recent Items list should be working now
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net