If you want to free up disk space and really dont need the system restore feature at all, then you may want to disable it
The System restore feature helps in resetting your PC, drivers, registry and many other settings. In case of any unknown problems in the computer system, a system restore point might help in restoring the previous settings and eliminating problems. Disabling system restore is therefore not a good idea. However the following tutorial will help you to disable the system restore feature in Windows 8.
Steps to disable System Restore
1. Step Open the Windows Explorer and go to Computer-> Right click on empty space and go to Properties. Open it.
2. Step The System dialogue box will open. Open system protection option.
3. Step The System Properties dialogue box opens. Open Configure.
4. Step Now check the Restore Properties. By default system protection is turned on.
5. Step Click on the bubble besides disable System Protection to turn of the system restore and then click Apply. Now you have successfully disabled the System Restore feature.
Trending On Windows Themes .Net