Counter-Strike Source is getting another beta update. The changes are small, but could have great effects on gameplay.
What some people did not like much about Counter-Strike: Source when it first came out was that HE grenades and flashbangs are a lot stronger than CS 1.6 player got used to. A well placed HE grenade can nearly kill you and if you run into a flashbang you could be dead any second. The smoke grenade is pretty thick and can be used for tactical advantages for example on DE_AZTEC. Now Valve is making the smoke grenade even stronger with thicker smoke.
All Beta Changes in Counter-Strike Source Update
Improved Smoke Grenade:
- Made them expand faster.
- Made the smoke thicker.
- Fixed bug that made smoke less opaque to someone standing in it.
Added check to prevent clients using plugins from connecting to VAC secured servers.
- Listen servers no longer load plug-ins unless -insecure is added to the command line.
- Clients running with -insecure cannot connect to VAC secure servers.
Added console variable sv_competitive_minspec that enforces the following restrictions on the client:
- r_staticprop_lod (-1 to 3)
- r_drawdetailprops 1
- fps_max minimum 60 (or 0)
- cl_detailfade minimum 400
- cl_detaildist minimum 1200
- cl_interp (0 to 0.031)
- cl_interp_ratio (1 to 2)
Fixed ragdolls popping with mp_fadetoblack 1
Trending On Windows Themes .Net