Free office software like OpenOffice is great but it also has unique flaws e.g. you frequently get the error “The action can’t be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program” despite the program being closed. Solution after break.
If you no longer want to waste time with the annoying message “Folder In Use” – The action can’t be completed, then simply assign a shortcut via AHK to kill the soffice.bin process and you will be able to move your OpenOffice documents again.
1. Step Download Autohotkey from Autohotkey.com, install it
2. Step When installed right-click on the green tray icon with a H and click on Edit Script
3. Step Somewhere in the file paste this line:
4. Step Go to C:\ and create a folder “ahk-scripts”
5. Step Create a .bat file in that location with the content
taskkill /IM soffice.bin
If you do not know how to create a .bat file using the notepad editor, I suggest to read How to save notepad file as .bat
6. Step Alternatively, simply download our .bat file kill-soffice-bin.bat
7. Step Save the open AHK notepad file and then right-click on the green tray icon again and select Reload This Script
8. Step You can now use the hotkey ALT + k to kill the process soffice.bin.
9. Step Before you intend to move any files, simply hit ALT + k and you not be bothered with “The action can’t be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program”
Trending On Windows Themes .Net