I don’t want to put everything on my SSD, so I decided to simply install Filezilla on my SSD but link to the profiles on my old HDD instead of creating a new profile. That’s handy because they will always stay “synchronized” (the same).
- Creating symlinks to store settings on external hard drives to avoid data loss is a very good strategy and recently helped me to avoid full data loss – OCZ SSD’s MAY last long, but they can die any time
0. Install Filezilla on SSD, go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming and delete the folder Filezilla (if C: is your SSD and not your HDD)
1. Step Open a command prompt
mklink /J "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Filezilla" "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Filezilla"
4. Step Open Filezilla and it should now load your old profile and all of your sites
I hope I did not forgot to include any symlinks, because it’s been a while since I created that symlink on my SSD. Let me know if you need additional instructions.
- Need help with symlinks? Click here