Forgot your login password? If you want to reset your password in Windows 8 you don’t need to do much.
We have foud methods that allow you to reset passwords in Windows 8:
- Reset password via safe mode
- Reset password via password recovery disk
- Reset password via bootable registry editor
- Reset password via Live CD
1 Reset Password Via Safe Mode
You can reset the password in Windows 8 via Safe Mode. If you enabled the safe mode previously (read our tutorial how to enable the safe mode in Windows 8 )
Log into safe mode and from there log into an administrator account to reset your password. This is now always possible.
2 Reset Password Via Password Recovery Disk
If you were smart enough to create a password recovery disk, you can simply boot from that disk and recovery our administrator or login password.
Next time, make sure you learn how to create a password recovery disk in Windows 8 so you can always log in even if you forget the password
3 Reset Password Via Bootable Registry Editor
You could use this password resetter that allows you to reset passwords for all Windows versions including NT, XP, Vista, 7 and Windows 8
1. Browse to http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ and download the Offline NT Password and Registry editor.
They have a USB version if you don’t have a DVD drive
2. Copy the files to a device
3. Step Make sure you know the drive letter of the USB device
4. Step Open a command prompt in Windows 8 and enter X:syslinux.exe -ma X: – replace X with the USB drive letter
Now change the boot order in your BIOS (press DEL on bootup) and set the USB device as the first boot drive
You can follow the instructions on the screen to reset your password. In short:
1. Boot: — wait a few seconds or hit enter
2. Select partition – Enter 1 or the number of your main partition
3. Enter Windows/System32/config
4. Enter 1 – This will not reset your password right now
5. Enter 1 – Edit user data and password
6. Enter Administrator
7. Enter 2 – Use 2 to enter a new password.
4 Reset password via opcrack Live CD (cracking Windows 8 password)
There are various ways to crack passwords of course. If you know you have a rather simple password that could be a viable option for you.
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net