If you disable the Bonjour Service you can easily remove the mDNSresponder.exe from Windows 7.
Where To Look For Suspicious Exe Files
The process tree in the Windows Task manager is a great place where you can look for processes that are running in the background. There will be instances where such processes will be slowing down your system to a great extent.
Important: If you are using applications such as iTunes to transfer music from your computer to Apple devices or Adobe suite, you should not remove the Bonjour Service (mDNSResponder.exe).
For someone who does not know mDNSResponder.exe is a waste process that has no productivity. You might also wish to remove the process from happening. Here is how you do this.
1. StepPress CNTRL+ALT+DEL in order to open the Task manager and move to the Processes tab. You will notice mDNSResponder.exe in the process tree.
2. StepGo to the start menu and type in services. Bonjour is a service that automatically starts as your system starts. This service is usually related to Adobe and Apple Products.
3. StepGo to the services console of your Windows operating system and locate Bonjour from amongst the many services running.
4. StepDouble click on the service and the Bonjour service window will pop up.
5. StepOne healthy way to remove the mDNSResponder.exe process from the process tree is to Disable the Bonjour Service from the Service console.
6. StepIf that alone does not satisfies you, here is how you remove it. Go to the command prompt.
7.Locate C:/Program Files/Bonjour if you are using a 32 bit operating system and if you are using a 64 bit operating system, locate C:/Program Files (x86)/Bonjour/.
8. StepRun the following command in order to see the options you have with the mDNSResponder.exe file:
9. StepRun the following command to remove mDNSResponder.exe from your system and from the tree of processes as well.
10. StepRenaming the .dll file in the Bonjour directory is another great practice in order to prohibit it from executing any piece of code. The following command is going to do that.
ren mdnsNSP.dll mdnsNSP.abc
11. Were you expecting more steps? Sorry to disappoint you. You have successfully removed mDNSResponder.exe service.
This is how you remove the mDNSReponder.exe service from the processes tree and your system. Should you do that or not depends completely on how you are using your machine. If you are using applications such as iTunes to transfer music from your computer to Apple devices or Adobe suite, you should not remove the Bonjour Service. Removing the service will hinder the connectivity. Just in case you have no relation to the aforementioned applications, there is no harm removing the application
Just in case you have issues removing the mDNSResponder.exe, feel free to drop us an email and we will be happy to be a help.
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
TOP Security Software For 2016
|1 Bullguard||2 AVG||3 Anti -Malware|
|Price annually/device||$59.95 |
(1 year / 3 devices)
(1 year / 1 device)
(1 year / 1 device)
|Visit Now||Visit Now||Visit Now|
|Read Review||Read Review||Read Review|
|Great For:||Allround Use, Reports||Allround Use, Firewall||Removing |
Trending On Windows Themes .Net