Encountered an EPUB file and don’t know how to open it? In this guide we will show you how to read those files and what extensions you can use to read EPUB books directly in your browser!
About The EPUB File Format
EPUB (Electronic Publication) is an industry standard for digital books also called ebooks. It has been around since 2007 and is a widely recognized file format that is safe and well-known. However, in order to open the EPUB files you need appropriate reading software, more about that below.
Opening EPUB Files
The easiest way to open the files is to download an extension for your browser, then you can directly read the files in your browser. If you prefer to use a desktop application we will list a few below as well.
Open Source Desktop Reader
CoolReader is a full open-source desktop reader that is still updated and maintained.
Calibre Ebook Manager
If you need something more complex that can handle a bunch of ebooks, then I would recommend Calibre. It is available for all platforms and even includes a portable version
Calibre supports the following devices:
- Amazon Kindle DX / Fire / PaperWhite / Touch
- Android phones and tablet
- Apple iPad / iPhone / iPhone Touch
- Astak EZReader
- Augen The Book
- Barnes and Noble Nook Color, Tabletc
- BeBook & BeBook Mini
- Booken Cybook Gen37/ Odyssey / Opus/Orizon
- Booq bq Avant/ XL / Cevantes / Classic / Pocket Plus
- Ectaco Jetbook / Jetbook Mini
- Jinke Hanlin V3 / V5
- Kobo Vox and Kobo Aura HD / Touch Readers
- PocketBook 301 / 302 / 360 / 900 / Pro912
- Sony Reader / Daily / Pocket / T3
- Sanda Bambook
As you can see Calibre is up to any task and one of the best
Calibre can automatically send EPUB books to your Kindle via mail.
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net