If you want to know how to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 Untethered, read this tutorial that will explain you the difference between Tethered and Untethered and step-by-step instructions how to jailbreak iOS using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC15.
Before you go ahead and jailbreak iOS 4.3.3, read our guides:
Download iOS 4.3.3
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi+3G
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Verizon
- iPhone 4 (AT&T)
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPhone 4 Verizon
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPad 1
Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9 – Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 (Untethered)
- Download iOS 4.3.3 for iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G, iPad, iPod touch,
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 above
- Download iTunes 10.2.2 for Windows or Mac.
ultrasn0w unlockers must stay away from redsn0w!
1. Step Download the most recent version of Redsn0w:
2. Step Go to the iTunes store and download iOS 4.3.3 for your particular version of iOS mobile device. Make sure the iTunes version is 10.2.1.
3. Step Using the IPSW filed which was just downloaded,
4. Step Choose “Update/Restore to iOS 4.3.3 firmware.”
5. StepStart the Redsn0w program and point it toward the iOS 4.3.3 firmware file.
It is important for users who have carrier-unlock iPhones to not use Redsn0w. These users should instead use Sn0wbreeze or Pwnage Tools. For an illustrated, step-by-step process to using Redsn0w 0.9.6RC9, watch the video above.
In April 2011 the iPhone Dev-Team released untethered updates to all the major jailbreak apps for iOS 4.3.1. Here is how to jailbreak your iPhone with this OS for each app:
Pwnage Tools 4.3 – Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 (tethered)
Pwnage Tools 4.3 is the most recent version of Mac iOS jailbreak software. Here is a step-by-step guide to installing Pwnage Tools 4.3:
1. Step Follow this link to Download PwnageTool 4.3 for Macs.
2. Step Download the proper iOS 4.3.3 firmware for your mobile device. Once it has been downloaded you should Move the program files to the device’s desktop.
3. StepSelect Pwnage Tool and choose “Expert mode.” Select your particular device.
4. Step Browse the app for the iOS 4.3.3 firmware for your own device.
5. Step Select the “Build” option to begin making a customized 4.3.1 firmware file.
6. Step The PwnageTool 4.3 app will then create the customized .ipsw file for your device.
7. Step Follow these steps to go into DFU mode: hold the “Power” and “Home” buttons down for 10 seconds; let go of the “Power” button, but keep holding down the “Home” button for another 10 seconds; the device should be in the DFU mode.
8. Step Start the iTunes app on your device and select your particular iOS device icon. Press down and hold the left “alt” (option) button if you are on Mac, or press down the left “Shift” button if you use a Windows keyboard. Click “Restore” in iTunes and then release the button.
Don’t use the “update” or the “check for update” options. This makes iTunes request that you select the location for the customized firmware 4.3.3 file. You should select the necessary custom .ipsw file which you had created in the precious step and click “Open.”
9. Step After this, iTunes will basically do the rest in an automated process. The user has to exercise some patience and not interfere with the device, even if it looks like it might be “stuck.” Wait until iTunes has installed the new 4.3.3 firmware on the device.
You will know it is at that point when the progress bar reaches 100%. At this point the iOS device is jailbroken at the iOS 4.3.3 level.
For an illustrated guide to this process, watch the video above.
Download iOs 4.3.1 for iPhone, iPad and iPod
Sn0wbreeze 2.5 – Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on Windows (Video above)
Sn0wbreeze 2.5 untethered is the newest edition of this Windows iOS jailbreak program. Follow these steps to jailbreak your phone using this app:
1. Step Before actually jailbreaking your iOS 4.3 device you will need to download some tools to your Windows desktop: Download and install iTunes 10.2.2 for Windows; Download Sn0wbreeze 2.5 for Windows; Download iOS 4.3.1 for either iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad 1.
2. Step You have to start the Sn0wbreeze tool and then click on the blue “next” arrow to go on.
3. Step Choose the right .ipsw file for the iOS device you want to jailbreak by using the “browse” button.
4. Step Sn0wbreeze will then identify the IPSW file you designated. Once this is done, you should click on the blue “next” arrow to move to the next step.
5. Choose “Expert Mode,” then “Build IPSW” to begin creating a customized firmware. If the iPhone requires an unlock, only proceed by choosing “Baseband Preservation Mode” in lieu of “Expert Mode.” This will probably take some time, do not act impatiently and disturb the process.
6. StepSn0wbreeze will give you a “Done!” message when your customized firmware has been created.
7.Follow the steps as given to go into DFU mode using the Sn0wbreeze app: Hold down the “power” and “Home” buttons at the same time for 10 seconds; release “Power” and keep holding “Home” for 10 more seconds.
8. Step Initiate iTunes, select on your particular iOS device icon in iTunes, press and hold the left “Shift” on the device’s keyboard and click “Restore.”
9. StepWait while iTunes installs everything. This may take some time, but do not interrupt the process. Once the progress bar has gone to 100% your iOS 4.3.1 device is officially jailbroken.
Why Jailbreak? Why Not?
“Jailbreaking” is the process by which a user can get full, or root, access to all the features of the Apple iOS operating system on its mobile devices. All Apple devices, apart from the new iPad 2, can be jailbroken right now, including the iPhone 3GS, the iPhone 4, the first-generation iPad, and the iPod Touch in 3 or 4G. The most recent untethered jailbreak is for the newest iOS 4.3.1 firmware.
Apple is infamous for its control of how users access and utilize their products. For some, this trait is a good thing, providing users a safe and stable platform with exceptional features and performance. Others dislike being limited to Apple’s App Store offerings and not being able to use all of their device’s features in the ways they like. By jailbreaking a phone the user can access third party apps, programs and themes which aren’t available through the App Store, among other advantages. Some negatives of jailbreaking are that it voids the warranty and causes more instability in the device.
Jailbreaking iOS 4.3 Untethered
Hackers all over the world can’t resist a new challenge, and cracking Apple’s iOS was no different—in fact, it is more challenging in many ways, as Apple’s software is so intrinsically different from Windows and is used by a much smaller segment of the market, except when it comes to mobile devices. A hacker group called the iPhone Dev-Team was the first to develop an iPhone jailbreak app called Pwnage Tool in 2008. This app is still in use in the most recent iOS jailbreaking techniques for the iOS version 4.3, as well as other apps such as RedSn0w and Sn0wbreeze.
Tethered vs. Untethered
There are two forms of jailbreaking: tethered and untethered. In tethered jailbreaking the device has to be connected to a computer every time it is booted into the jailbroken state. This can be inconvenient for most users, who use their devices on the go. A tethered jailbreak is when the device can be powered off, then powered back up again and rebooted without being connected to a computer. With either method the jailbreak can be reversed by retrieving the original settings through iTunes.
Jailbreaking an Apple device has its advantages and disadvantages. By utilizing the steps and information given in this piece the user acknowledges that they do indeed void Apple’s factory warranty and accept any consequences. In the same token, there is much to be gained by opening these innovative and useful devices to third parties and customization by their users.