If you are wondering if it’s possible to install Windows 8 themes yet, here’s the first and last guide that you will need.
As you guessed correctly, Windows 8 is based on Windows 7. Most Windows 7 applications still work on Windows 8.
- Installing Themepacks
- Installing Custom Themes on Windows Xp, Vista and 7
- Installing 3rd-party Windows 8 Themes
Installing Themepack Themes on Windows 8
Themepack themes still work properly on Windows 8. In order to install themepack themes all you have to do is to make sure that the Windows Themes service is running on your PC. This service MIGHT be stopped and prevent a proper installation of Windows 8 themes.
1. Step Double-click the themepack file on Windows 8 and it will automatically install the theme
2. Step Select different themes from the Windows 8 Personalization Control Panel
Installing Windows 8 Themes on Windows 7, XP and Vista
We have various Windows 8 themes for older versions of Windows on our site. For example here you can download Windows 8 themes for XP, Vista and 7
To install these themes on Windows 7 and Vista, follow the three steps below:
1. Step Download Universal Theme Patcher
2. Step Patch your theme files
3. Step Copy your Windows 8 themes to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
4. Step Open the Personalization Control Panel and select your newly installed theme
5. Step If the theme does not show up, make sure you did not extract the files wrongly. There needs to be a file e.g. DarkAgility.theme and a folder DarkAgility in C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
To install shell themes on XP, it is usually enough to double-click the file Patcher.exe that should be in your Windows 8 themepack.
Installing Custom Themes on Windows 8
While Windows 8 Developer Preview already recognized 3rd-party themes, this will obviously not work in later versions. Also, theme creators need to adopt to the various new theme files.
As of right now, there are only few custom themes for Windows 8. To install custom themes you need a theme patcher that will unlock the files uxtheme.dll, themeservice.dll, themeui.dll, shsxs.dll
Please check back later for this theme patcher that will allow you to install 3rd-party themes easily.
If you’re still having trouble installing any themes, post your comments, questions and ideas
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net