You want to install new Minecraft textures? Here’s a short guide that will teach you how to install them quickly, so that you can enjoy some new textures in Minecraft.
Installing textures for Minecraft is easy and fun. In simple words, all you have to do is to download a textures pack somewhere, drop the PNG file into the minecraft.jar file and you’re done.
0. Download 7zip, Winzip or WinRAR
1. Step Find a textures pack for Minecraft. They usually look like this:
2. Step Important: Follow this tutorial to make sure you can see hidden folders in Windows 7 , else if you can’t see them you won’t be able to follow the next steps.
3. Step Open the Windows Explorer (Windows key + E) and go to C:\Users\[yourusernamehere]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin
Replace [yourusernamehere] with your name, example C:\Users\sOliver\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin
4. Step Right-click on the file minecraft.jar. Open the file with a zipping tool like 7zip or WinZIP.
5. Step Now minimize the current 7zip window so that you can still see the content of it, simply drag the window to the right side of your screen if you are on Windws 7.
6. Step Open another Windows Explorer instance (Windows Explorer + E again) and find the textures pack that we downloaded. Drag the PNG textures file into the opened Jar file.
7. Step Confirm the prompt
8. Step Confirm that the file is now in the minecraft.jar file:
Congratz you have successfully installed new textures for Minecraft. Now go start Minecraft, either offline or online and you will see your new textures in-game.
Download New Minecraft Textures
You can download new textures on the web, for example the Super Mario textures pack, download it here:
3 Minecraft Themes/Textures
Trending On Windows Themes .Net