Installed too many Windows 7 themes? This is a quick tutorial that will teach you how to delete Windows 7 themes. You’ll also learn more about the Windows 7 themes folder location to delete multiple themes at once.
Personalization Panel: Delete Windows 7 Themes One by One
1. Step Right-click on your desktop and click on “Personalize” in the contextual menu.
2. Step Find the the theme that you want to delete, right-click on it and select “Delete Theme”:
Important: You can’t delete Windows 7 themes that are currently selected. So, make sure that you change your theme first if you want to delete the theme that you are currently using.
Batch Delete Windows 7 Themes Via Theme Folders
You can also delete multiple Windows 7 themes at once. If you know the folder location of your Windows 7 themes, you can simply select all of the themes and delete them for good.
- C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes (.themepack files)
- C:\Windows\Resources\Themes (3rd-party themes)
Delete .themepack/3rd-party Themes
- a) *.themepack
- b) 3rd-party shell theme
1 a) If you want to delete a .themepack theme, go to the folder
1 b) If you want to delete a 3rd-party shell theme, you have to go the folder
2. Step Select the folder of your theme AND the .theme file (they will both have the same name):
3. Step Press “del” and confirm with OK.
If you are not sure if the theme weather the theme that you want to delete is a .themepack theme or a 3rd-party shell theme, I’d say it’s a simple .themepack theme, so go for 1a) first.