If you have a lot of user tiles on your metro desktop, you might want to change some of the Metro tile icons. Here’s how it works and how you can customize the metro icons.
Steps to change Windows 8 metro user tile icons
1. Step Open the Metro Start screen. Right click on the tile icon (one you want to change it’s icon). At the lower bottom of the screen you will see Advanced option. Click on it. Then click on the Open File Location option
2. Step Next, Right-click on the selected icon shortcut and then select Properties.
3. Step Next, click on the ‘Change icon..’
4. Step Next, select the icon from the list or if you want to use your own custom icon then click on the Browse and locate your icon file. Make sure the icon needs to be in .ico extension). Finally click on the OK button.
5. Step Now if you check the Metro Start screen, the tile icon has been changed.
In Windows 8, you will see beautiful tile icons on the Start screen which are the shortcuts of the respective programs / applications. You can customize normal / regular desktop icons, but you can also customize the Metro desktop icons
Related Windows 8 Customization Tutorials
This tutorial is part of our series “customizing Windows 8“.
First of all, we are covering the very basics before we proceed to customizing the more advanced stuff. Here are some related tutorials that you might be interested in.
- Basics: Modify the wallpaper
- Modify Metro Starter wallpaper (and green color)
- Part 1: Adding new cursors to Windows 8 computer
- Part 2: Adding new icons to Windows 8 desktop
- Part 3: Changing the color appearance
- Part 4: Modify the Windows 8 sounds
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net