To change the boot order, to overclock or change power options you need to know how to access the BIOS – this is easy if you know how
- Tip: You may want to read this tutorial on accessing the BIOS as well
Steps to access the BIOS
1. Step To open BIOS, press DEL KEY on your keyboard during Boot-up of your computer.
- If it doesn’t work, then manufacturer of your motherboard might be assigning other keys like F1, F2, F10, F12, CTRL + ALT + ESC, etc.
- When booting your PC on the first screen you should see instructions how to access the BIOS e.g. to press Del to enter the BIOS setup.
- Please note, Windows 8 has nothing to do with the BIOS. The BIOS is all about your motherboard and you can’t access the BIOS in Windows 8.
The BIOS screen appears. Via the BIOS you can change / alter many important settings like ‘changing the boot order’, USB support, Floppy disable etc.
BIOS – basic input/output system, is usually a ROM chip on your motherboard. The BIOS is required to control drives, keyboards, CPU clock and other hardware settings. Be cautious – altering BIOS settings can lead to hardware damage
Do not attempt to overclock any hardware or you will lose your hardware warranty!
Trending On Windows Themes .Net