Halo 4 will streamline the special edition offerings significantly this November.
343 Industries revealed the Halo 4 Special Edition includes maps, weapon skins and more/h2>
I’ll admit it, I’m part of the problem: I bought the Halo 3 Legendary Edition, and did the same with Halo: Reach, and I’ll stand by they’re both pretty awesome if you’re into Halo. With Halo 4, 343 Industries and Microsoft have brought the bonus edition down to one: the Special Edition.
The probable reason is because sales of the high-end editions, such as the Legendary Edition, haven’t sold that well. I remember around the Halo 3 launch Bungie claimed the version was limited, which turned out to be nonsense as stores had plenty of stock left. With Halo 4, the next mainline game in the franchise, the Special Edition ditches the physical collectibles in favour of in-game content. Included, for $99, is:
1. Step The War Games Map Pack Access: three DLC maps are included for buyers, and can be downloaded for free when they go live. Note the DLC isn’t gained early, it just means you’re effectively pre-purchasing the maps. So no skimped content.
2. Step Specializations: six Specializations will be unlocked before other players, though no details have been revealed on what they are. 343 Industries and Microsoft said more news is coming at E3 2012, though I hope some class-based system isn’t coming.
3. Step USNC Infinity Briefing Packet: this Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic – probably some expansion of the in-game lore -, information on UNSC weapons, an introduction to the UNSC Infinity ship where the multiplayer is set as a virtual training ground, and an insight in what it means to be a Spartan IV (the latest version of Spartan’s played as in multiplayer).
4. Step Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition: easily the most awesome of the goodies, this is a 90-minute extended edition of the live action trailer in the marketing before the game’s launch which includes a behind-the-scenes making-of video feature.
5. Step Bonus Digital Content: a unique Spartan-IV armor skin, a unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem and Xbox Live avatar bonuses. So the usual stuff you won’t care about because better stuff will be available in the game.
Trending On Windows Themes .Net