If you try to install Windows 8 using your Upgrade DVD and you get the error message the file autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt then try this fix
1. Step The error code for this problem is usually ] – the Setup cannot continue
1 Did you unplug external devices?
2. Step Whenever you try to install Windows 8 it is a good idea to unplug all of your external devices like drives or possibly USB devices. For some reason there are usually conflicts between external devices and the setup.
2 Corrupt Disc? Scratches?
3. Step It is possible, although unlikely that your disc is corrupt - this can happen if you get scratches on your DVD. However, before you take a look at the disc it is a good idea to check for other software problems that could result in this error message
3 Try internal SATA DVD drive
4. Step If you are using an external drive to install Windows 8, try to get an internal SATA drive and connect it with your SATA ports. You do not have to tighten the screws yet, in general I simply connect it with the SATA cables and one power cable and do not even put it in the actual drive slot within the case, that’s how you can save a little time and quickly test for common errors
Worked for me: Try Other USB Port For Your USB Drive When Installing From External Drive
Something that might work for you: Unplug your USB drive and try another USB port – if you now get a message “New device connected” and then shortly after “Your device is ready to use” then it’s possible that Windows 7 previously did not correctly install the drivers when using the other USB ports – this can happen and is a software bug
Alternative: Download Windows 8 Upgrade ISO File From Microsoft
5. Step Microsoft makes it easy for customers to upgrade – and allow you to download an ISO file. You will still need a valid product key to install Windows
You need to mount the ISO file using a tool like Daemon Tools if you are on Windows 7 – only Windows 8 has native support for mounting ISO files
Alternative Solutions: Auto-Repair Your PC And Drivers
Trending On Windows Themes .Net