If you want to share files via your home network, you might want to configure your ethernet adapter first
Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Tip: If you really want to speed up your network transfer and want to invest some money, get a 1 GBit Ethernet Switch:
The following D-Link switch received favorable reviews and will cost you about $40:
IMPORTANT: You will only be able to make use of a Gigabit switch if you ALSO have Gigabit ethernet adapters in your PC’s and laptops. If you order one, make sure to have a free PCI slot or get a USB ethernet adapter like this one Plugable USB 2.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter (ASIX AX88178 Chipset)
Configuring Your Ethernet Adapter To use 100MBit/s Full Duplex
1. Step Before you start, make sure you connect your PC’s via a LAN-ethernet cable – avoid WLAN if you want a fast transfer.
2. Step Now open the Network and Sharing Center
3. Step On the left top, click the 2nd link “Change adapter settings”
4. Step Right-click on your main connection – often labeled LAN Connection, Realtek PCIe xxx Controller or similar.
5. Step Now click the Configure button:
6. Step Go to the tab Advanced and check the Property list of an item labeled Speed & Duplex or similar
7. Step On the right, select 100 Mbit/s Full Duplex
After following the steps above, you will have a lot faster file transfers. Enjoy!
Trending On Windows Themes .Net