You might wonder where the heck are the games in Windows 7. Apparently, Microsoft disabled them by default because millions of hours have been wasted with these games at work, school or anywhere else. So, let’s re-enable them! Use with caution: Solitaire is 100% addictive.
To enable the games in Windows 7, you have to open up the control panel and “turn features on or off” under programs.
Here’s the detailed description how to turn on games in Windows 7:
1. Step Open up the control panel:
2. Step Click on “Programs”
3. Step At the top, click on “Turn features on or off”:
4. Step Uncollapse the entry Games and check all games that you want to enable in Windows 7:
5. Step I re-enabled the games: Solitaire, Spider Solitaire and Minesweeper here, but feel free to re-enable all games:
- Chess Titan
- Free Cell
- Mahjong Titans
- More Games
- Purble Place
- Spider Solitaire
- Internet Games: Internet Backgammon, Internet Checkers, Internet Spades
What are your favorite games in Windows 7? I think the majority would probably say Solitaire or Minesweeper, but I couldn’t say which one is more popular. Could be worth a poll!
Now enjoy the re-enabled games:
How to play DOS games and other old games on Windows 7?
If you are interested in playing some old DOS games or old games like Diablo on Windows 7, you should read the following two articles: