You are considering re-installing Windows 8 but you don’t have the disk any longer?
If you are an advanced user, then you might like testing the new Windows 8 Consumer preview. But things can go wrong and you end up breaking the system, then it would be a good idea to re-install Windows 8. In Windows 7 you needed a DVD / disk to reinstall the operating system, you need the installation disk.
Windows 8 has some awesome features that allow you to re-install the operating system without the installation disk, just like a factory reset. But the difference here is that all your data remains as it is, untouched by the re-installation.
Let’s proceed with the reinstallation now and reset it
1. Step Press Windows + C to open the Charms bar, the sidebar will slide in. Now click on Settings.
2. Step Now click on More PC settings to open the PC Settings:
3. Step Navigate to the General tab. This is the screen you will see there:
4. Step Now you have three options there:
- 1. Refresh your PC without affecting your files,
- 2. Reset your PC and start over and
- 3. Advanced startup.
The first option, Refresh your PC without affecting your files will reinstall your Windows 8 but keeps your file and folders untouched.
The second option Reset your PC and start over will do a fresh installation of Windows 8 like a factory reset. None of your files will be kept
The third option Advanced startup will give you further options for whether you want to install Windows 8 from a USB
device and other options.
Choose the option that you think will fix your problems and then click on Get Started.
Trending On Windows Themes .Net