By default, Windows 7 can turn off specific devices to save power. While I agree that it is a good idea to save power, Windows 7 should not be allowed to turn off critical devices that have problems with the so called “deep sleep” mode. Here’s how you avoid problems in the future.
1. StepOpen the device manager, simply enter devmgmt.msc or device manager into the search field on your Start menu and hit enter
2. Step Uncollapse Network adapters
3. Step Right-click on your network adapter and click on Properties
4. Step Go to the tab Power Management
5. Step Uncheck the option “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”
6. Step Click on OK and your PC will no longer be allowed to turn off this specific device to save power.
7. Step Repeat the steps 1 – 5 for all devices that the computer should not be allowed to turn off, e.g. if you don’t want the computer to turn off your external hard drive or a LCD display.
If you still have problems that your PC is turning off devices, please post your problem below and we’ll try to solve it!
Trending On Windows Themes .Net