Sometimes you might not see icons like Computer, Recycle bin on your desktop. In that case, you may want to add new desktop icons.
In this 2nd customization tutorial, we are showing you how to modify the desktop icons in Windows 8
Steps to add custom ICO files to PC
1. Step Open the Desktop by clicking Desktop tile on the Start Screen.
2. Step Next, Right click on your desktop and select Personalize.
3. Step Next, click on ‘Change desktop icons‘ located at the top-right corner.
4. Step Next, select / check the icons you want to show on your desktop. Then Click on the Apply and OK.
5. Step Now you will see the icons you have selected on your desktop. That are the complete steps to add new desktop icons in Windows 8.
With Desktop icons you can access your program / applications instantly. The icons are quite handy as it saves lots of time.
Related Windows 8 Customization Tutorials
This tutorial is part of our series “customizing Windows 8“.
First of all, we are covering the very basics before we proceed to customizing the more advanced stuff. Here are some related tutorials that you might be interested in.
Trending On Windows Themes .Net